Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Choices

I found this opinion piece through Mike Ruppert's new online home CollapseNet. Now I know that many of my friends have or are planning to have children and I'm almost there myself so this article might be a bit shocking. But it's worth thinking about given the clear and present danger of climate change.

It's something I wrestle with but I think given my family's current situation, moderate level of adaptability and inclination to grow that any child would be somewhat provided for and happy. Maybe the debate started by the article above would merely be passed down to another generation like I was buying myself and my family some time but letting the kids make the tough decisions. In some ways this is what our culture does, passes the buck.

1 comment:

  1. I theorize about not having children. I get excited about adoption, but I have to remind myself its all very complicated. It has to work for you, and be appropriate for your life.

    I appreciate your position. I don't know what the future will bring- if I can't insure that the child is going to be a gift to the world and not just another burden. I think I might decide otherwise. Who knows what ten years from now will hold?

    I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete