Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Post Petroleum Human?

On a whim I decided to look up Mike Ruppert, formerly of From the Wilderness to see what was happening with him. This is a guy who wrote a lot about 9/11 back in the day and then about peak oil and I appreciated a lot of his insights. It was nice to hear someone moderately sane for once. I still meet people who tell me that the hydrogen economy is coming. In fact it happened the other day.

Anyway I found the following interview with Mike which you can check out if you want.






I'm a little concerned that people are annointing Mike as the leader of some new movement. I know there is a movement but it's a slow movement, like ice melting. But I'm very skeptical of leaders and of people who bow down before them. We are all amazing and don't need leaders.

But since he's way more articulate than me it's worth listening to.

Weird moment in the video: a Volt (electric car) drives behind Mike as he is speaking. Made me think that this was a subliminal message to buy one. Perhaps he has sold out. Maybe Chevy sponsors him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment