Sunday, October 28, 2012

City Blues

So I'm here in the city.  Blah, blah, blah.  The good news is that I'm going home tomorrow.  All we seem to do here is go shopping and eat out.  I guess these are the things that one does in the city.  I suppose that if I ended up staying here I would find a way to pass the days but it does seem to all involve spending money.  Maybe I would have a few projects. 

But I suppose I should mention that it's not all bad.  We get things here that we just can't back home.  We appreciate that.  We even went to see a movie which was something we hadn't done in what feels like years.  Together at least.  It was Looper, a pretty cool movie.  Though there was this outrageous preview for a new movie called Red Dawn.  Apparently North Korea, invades the US and the patriotic hicks fight back.  It's more of the bizarro world, I laughed as loud as I could.  I guess when you are the country that actually invades others, regularly, you have to pretend that you are always under attack. 

I guess the thing for me is that I feel useless in the city.  I'm really just killing time, and that seems a crappy way to live for me.  At least I'm writing this blog post. 

And there's cable here and I'm watching game four of the World Series.  So much advertising.  The opening pitch was brought to us by Budweiser.  The defensive lineup brought to you by Dick's.  Just killing time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment