Sunday, February 24, 2013

Are you sure you want to delete?

Just spent some minutes deleting old contacts in my primary 'friends' email.  I've been meaning to do it for some time.  It's a pain when you are thinking of sending an invite out and you have so many contacts.  I sound like I'm bragging but I'm not.  These aren't really friends anymore.  We might have been friends once and if I saw them again I'd be very happy to embrace but really we aren't in touch.  Some people I haven't heard from in a decade.  And maybe that's partly my fault.  

Though I have tried though.  I write to people now and then on email but I have no way of knowing if they even received them.  I think email is almost done as a means of keeping in touch.  I think I'm the only person who isn't on facebook.  It's okay--I wonder how much those 'friends' are really friends.  I guess you can spy on them much more easily (and so can the cops).

It was an interesting exercise though deciding who to keep on and who to drop.  Some were old lovers.  Some were various school friends.  Some were people I only had in my email to invite them to rooftop hockey or other regular events. Some made it and some didn't.  Some people had a picture associated with their contact and it was nice to see their faces again though many were presumably out of date. 

So now I have a more manageable list.  Still realistically I only keep in regular touch with maybe ten people.  And that's wonderful.  Thank you!

PS - This is my 300th post on Museum Fremen.  How times flies . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment