Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fennel

I just got this email urging me to take action because Nestle is patenting the fennel flower (in fact another friend forwarded me the same email).  I can't say I'm surprised by this ridiculous attempt but I'm not really outraged.  At least not enough to write and forward and do all the things the email urges me to do. 

The sad thing is that until capitalism or civilization (since they aren't really separate) collapses we're going to writing a lot of emails and bothering our friends with forwards.  Nestle might give up on this one but in a few months Cargill will patent burdock roots and we'll do it all again.  And then Mitsubishi will patent rice and then we'll do it all again.  And again.  And again.

I just don't know what all this achieves.  How do you change a mindset that allows the owning of life?  Is this just more evidence that we are completely bonkers? 

I'd rather say fuck you and start growing fennel and giving away the seed to everyone I meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment