Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tale of Two Lives

Well I find myself living between two places. In one of these places I feel like I have a purpose, like there's always something to do. In the other place I'm just killing time. I don't have an Iphone to keep myself busy like so many other people I see around me. I'm not interested in getting drunk or heading to Tim Horton's for a double double. But I have appointments so that's why I'm here. And I get to spend time with Jane so that's good. Just can't wait until it's back home.

--

And sorry in advance for yet again remarking on the Israel-Palestine business. But, with Netanyahu pulling out all the stops and Obama falling into step (was he ever out of step?), you really realize that the Palestinians are getting somewhere. If the US and Israel effectively order you not to do something then you should definitely do it.

It looks like the UN General Assembly is set to vote to recognize a Palestinian state on the 1967 borders come the fall. How the chumpy have fallen. Slow and steady wins the race. And as much as they would like to use their veto, if a significant number of states vote then even the dismal US can't stop the inevitable. I wonder what it will mean. Fun times ahead.

And the only knock against the 1967 borders is that they are 'indefensible'. Huh, they must think we are pretty stupid. What the fuck do they think happened between 1948 and 1967? That's right defence.

But of course all this is a distraction. With a state, it will just be Palestinians abusing Palestinians instead of Israelis.

No comments:

Post a Comment