Sunday, January 8, 2012

Epiphany

This morning I woke up and as usual the boy was awake so I changed his diaper and then we came downstairs together while mum got some more sleep. We played for a bit in his bouncy chair and I kept agitating the coals in the wood stove so that they would burn down and I could take them out. Then I made mum and I a chagga chai that our friend harvested and made and made some oatmeal with dehydrated cherries from our friend Xavier and some sunflower seeds. I noticed (stinky) that the litter box needed emptying and so did our human equivalent upstairs. So that's my next few jobs.

However mundane and repetitive perhaps the truth is that the everyday jobs I do here make me really happy and I just need to embrace that. Maybe my feelings of being stuck aren't so bad. Maybe we don't have to do amazing things all the time like write songs and novels. Maybe we should leave that for the manic people.

Maybe dumping the bucket can bring just as much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment