Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stuck

I think I'm feeling a bit stuck. Perhaps we all are at this time of year. But in theory I have the time to do so many amazing things. And of course I am already doing amazing things. But I guess I'm feeling down that I'm not doing more. I could be writing stories, I have so many stories in the back of my mind. I used to write them on my old blog. I had some pretty good ones I thought. Or I could be building things or making plans for next season. There's going to be a municipal election and I really want to ensure that we have a good show for progressive candidates. I could be writing letters (I still do now and again). I could be doing the dishes. I could fix that pesky dripping tap. Jane and I say we want to walk up the hill every day but dressing up in all our winter gear seems so daunting to me. It's enough to dump the bucket and make great meals.

And then there is the small matter of the insanity of the world. I sometimes feel like I must be crazy because if I'm not then everyone else is crazy (well not everyone). The dominant culture is just so powerful that everyone thinks the same. And maybe I'm scared to talk back. To offer alternatives. So I dither in the margins.

No comments:

Post a Comment