Sunday, June 17, 2012

House Show

Lots going on and seemingly little time to tell about it.  Working, ahem, selling my labour these days while also trying to grow a big garden.  So quite busy and ragged.  Isn't it funny how we equate working with selling our labour?  I do it all the time and perhaps you do too.  'I was working today' means I went somewhere to get paid dollars for doing something.  But really we are working all the time.  In fact I'm working right now, typing away.  Selling our labour and working are different things.  But we've transformed selling our labour into working and perhaps that means that all other times we should be recreating (interesting way to think of recreation).


So some things to share.  We had a wonderful house concert on Victoria Day.  Jenny Berkel and Demetra contacted me to hold a show here between Halifax and Sydney shows on their east coast tour.  It was lovely to have them and had a beautiful day with lots of wind to keep the bugs away.  It would blow and then die briefly and, then mercifully, blow again.  We had an interesting group turn out, aged 6 months to 76 years young, some folks from L'Arche and a man from Timbuktu.  I think people had a good time and it was nice for the musicians to have a homey break on their tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment