Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring

Spring's actually been here for a while but I wanted to share some pictures that make me happy, knowing what's coming. This is probably the first time in my life I've really noticed things like the buds on the trees and the first, tender dandelions and birds returning. I think in the city, you're too busy to notice or it takes some effort to look (for which I guess I never made the time). It's kind of sad but better late than never.

Check out this rhubarb. There are seven or eight patches of rhubarb which means we'll have a lot to bake with and sell at the market. Rhubarb isn't always a common market fruit (vegetable?). And the best part is that we're going to have even more with probably twenty more little seedlings on the way. Not too shabby.


And here are some pretty flowers that I've seen in our garden. There are some tulips and day lilies also on the way but we haven't seen any sign of their flowers yet. Mum is also starting a bunch of flowers and we're going to prep her a new garden this weekend. And we have to plant some jerusalem artichokes and our friend Robert is going to give us a bunch of plum trees for our little orchard.


And last but never least here's some garlic which is coming up. It's actually a bit yellow on the tips so that might be a problem. Must be lacking something. The learning continues.

1 comment:

  1. my garlic has the same thing, although worse than yours for sure. i'm actually not too worried. i think it might be a normal phase it goes through. ah well, like so many things on the land, time will tell.

    ReplyDelete