Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trip to Halifax

So I just came back from Halifax. Dan and I attended a craft fair, where Dan sold some of his buckskin products and I sold my shirts and patches. I didn't sell that much. I guess most people would rather wear clothes with pretty pictures than something that reminds people that Ethanol = Poverty. There were a lot of silk screen shirt makers there. I think my goal is to teach as many people as possible how to make their own, low-tech stencils. You can do some pretty detailed stuff too.

The weekend was great fun though. We had a great place to stay with a new friend who makes some really beautiful music. It's so key to saving money when you're in the city to have access to a kitchen. Though in the end I did end up spending too much money. I guess it's unavoidable, one reason to not go that often. Perhaps quarterly.

Eating lunch on the porch this afternoon, I was struck with how nice it is to be here in this place. Dan often complains about the city and though I sometimes agree with what he says, really, I feel at home in the city. But sitting there, I felt really more at home here in Cape Breton. No rush, no pressure.

When we arrived in Halifax, for the next 24 hours my digestion and stomach felt terrible. I wonder if this was my body adjusting to being in the city after such a long winter. Do cities have a frequency that we have to tune in to? Most people are probably already tuned in so they don't notice.

This entry stinks. That's another thing I'm noticing, blogging doesn't seem to work for me anymore. I have lots of thoughts, but when it comes to writing them down, I'm at a loss. Oh well. Here's something to read for what it's worth.

I'll try and remember to take some pictures of the greenhouse that mum and I built and post them tomorrow. I keep forgetting. That was one thing I can check off on my deck of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment