Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dream Time

I've been having a lot of deja-vu lately. These visions have coincided with the arrival of two friends from Ontario. Usually when I experience a deja-vu, I can trace it back to a dream that I had a few years earlier. Sometimes it's so obvious and other times it's just a feeling. Does this happen to you? My conclusion is that we dream the future. Or perhaps more accurately we dream countless futures and recognize some of them when they come to pass.

I usually view deja-vus as the universe telling me that I'm on the right path. That's the feeling that I get from them. When I have a lot of them I feel even more sure that things are right.

My friends Matt and Erin are here for a visit. They brought my sister out to see us on the train. It's been a quick trip though we certainly have done a lot. I've done a lot of cooking for large groups, I guess I'm woning my wwoof host abilities. More friends are on their way and that's always a good thing. I would hate to have lost my past completely when I left Ontario. The arrival of good friends keeps that link, which likely won't last in the coming years, strong.

We've had such a nice visit. I wish they could stay here forever. I must admit that they are probably the two kindest friends I have. They really fit my personality well. And I'm so in awe of their relationship which seems so strong but so so fun.

But to get back to what I started with, Erin and I noticed an amazing coincidence this evening. Before I left Ontario, I shared a few beers with friends at a local pub. Erin made us a going away card and had everyone sign it. Well today we glanced at it and noticed that the image she drew on the cover, of an ideal country setting, was very portentous. Yesterday her and Matt made a scarecrow for our fields and on the cover of the card she made was a scarecrow. Not that amazing, but when we looked closer we saw the scarecrow she drew had blue pants and a red shirt, the exact colours of the thrift store clothing that adorns our scarecrow!

I like to find meaning in these small coincidences. Perhaps Erin looked ahead to this time somehow through dreams or just foresight. I'm amazed and maybe this is another example that we are all on the right path.

1 comment:

  1. I like to think that de javu is us starting to perseve the 5th dimension but are unable to truly understand it and accept it. As our grasp of the 4th dimension (the perception of linear time) is so fundimental to who we are and how we go about living our lives, to accept non-linear time would change the very nature of our human experience.

    In this life we understand that somehow the actions we take in the present in fact alter the events of the future. I think the relationship between the 5th Dimension and the 4th dimension is sinominous with the 2D square to the 3D cube.

    Perhaps if we open ourselves to the possibilities of what could be, we will open the doors to understanding time as being something that is in fact not linear at all.

    ReplyDelete