Tuesday, May 18, 2010

90 Trees!


That's how many we planted. I can't believe it. Let's see if I can remember all the varieties. Random peach (good luck, I know), Sandra Rose cherry, Kristin cherry, Ulster cherry (again sweet cherry, good luck I know), Bartlett pear, Golden Russet Bosc, Beurre D'Anjou, Satsuma plum, Fortune plum, Grimes Golden apple, Lady apple (actually pink lady apple is a cross between these two varieties), Liberty apple and Nova Spy apple.

Then there were the nuts: black walnut, hazelnut, heartnut and bur oak (for the moist valley bottom where they will perhaps thrive). Thanks for some friends for sending along a gift certificate for nut trees which helped greatly. You know who you are.


We had a funny last tree planting ceremony. Frances marked the last stake, though I'm sure sure how much the efforts of men will stand against the beaming, purging sun. Thanks to Jane, Frances and Amber who supported my back in this endeavour.


What's next?

Another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment